And so the story goes...

Monday, November 26, 2007

Hermit Pitfalls

I went to McDonald's Saturday with my sister and her kids. I desprately needed to get out of the confines of my home and the frustrating circumstances of my children. They played and we talked. It was fun to get together, but I realized how much of a hermit I've become. I don't ever do anything. Not that I did alot before, but I never call my friends, I rarely take the kids anywhere fun, and I don't enjoy going to church anymore. I'm not sure why on that last one. I still do my visiting teaching, but every Saturday I decide that I still don't want to go. I just don't have the desire right now. I think it started because I hated my calling so much and I still didn't know anybody in my ward, and then I had the excuse of my husband and then I just decied that I didn't want to keep going. What is wrong with me? What kind of example am I being to my kids? Yet I still don't want to. Hmm.

1 comment:

mindyluwho said...

We took the kids to the park on Saturday and played kickball as a family! Boys against girls. It was very invigorating and we had a blast! As we were doing it I realized how much of indoor people we really are and how much I really want to be an outdoor person, but I get too overwhelmed with the process of getting everybody moving...or lazy...

As for the other...Alma 32:27.
Love you!

have shared a smile with me.