And so the story goes...

Thursday, April 17, 2008


Everybody likes Ketchup, right? You know how when the bottle is almost empty, you bang the heck out of it to get the last part out? It's a frustrating, sometimes hurtful process that may take a little extra time.

Last night Bebito crawled into my bed with me while I was watching a movie. He then ran out of the room and came back with an almost-empty plastic ketchup bottle.

Nothing to put it on, just the bottle.

Then he proceeded to turn it upside down and bang on it. This went on for several minutes. He tried desperately to get that ketchup all the way to the spout. He shook it, banged on it, moved it in every direction possible. It was very intense. About ten minutes later, I glanced over and saw him with the bottle in his mouth, as he was trying to suck it out instead. Yea, you read that right.

When that didn't work, he went back to shaking it again. I chuckled a bit and finished my movie. When I got up to check on my husband-he may have been sucked into the computer screen for all I knew-Bebito got up too and followed me, as any two year old would. He went into the kitchen, grabbed a plastic bowl from the dishwater, and proceeded to shake the ketchup into the designated area. Once he saw me watching, he developed a new idea.

"Hep me, peese," as he handed over the bottle.

With one good squeeze, the ketchup squirted into the bowl.

"Oh, dats how!"

Then he stuck his fingers in the puddle and ate.

4 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm with Bebito...I really, REALLY love ketchup. For instance, I don't like even the best steak unless it has ketchup on it! :0

Rebecca Blevins said...

I like ketchup, but only Heinz. And the dry part that gets around where you squeeze makes me gag. That is too cute!

I'm finally caught up on your blog. I love thunderstorms, and get a charge out of tornado weather too! We actually had an F-zero tornado take out a house here last week! That part wasn't enjoyable. I feel so badly for those people. At that time we were in the hospital visiting my sister, and all of us were crammed in the nurses station when the sirens went off.

mindyluwho said...

That is so funny! I love to see the process of kids minds as they are discovering how life works!

Phae-Jae said...

How cute...I can picture him doing it all. He is THE CUTEST ever...ever.

I like Heinz the bestest too

have shared a smile with me.