This is where I work. http://gunnebojohnson.com

This is what we make and/or sell.
Our name is unique. Gunnebo Industriers is based out of Sweden and ships us the chain and hooks/attachments that you see in the picture. We are the only US distributor and have the exclusive rights to sell their products to various distributors throughout the world. Although we keep stock of both products in various locations in the US, our Tulsa warehouse makes all of the Johnson products. Our Customer Service call center is based from here as well, which is the department I work in. We sell many of our Johnson products to Sweden and the other Gunnebo distributors Internationally. I do the paperwork for the International sales. But I've already talked about that in past blogs, My day and Busy, busy, busy.
This is my favorite process to watch. In the corner of the warehouse, with a lot of open doors and ventilation (the heat that is produced is immense in the summer), these are created. This process is called ForgeFab™. It starts with various sizes of round, heavy, thick metal. They come in a variety of diameters, from as small as a donut to as large as a living room. The purpose of this process is make a groove to fit the intended wire rope size. The round metal object is burned under high intensity heat, while continually rotating, and after the alloted time, the metal suddenly seperates to make the groove. These are placed inside various blocks, and used on the wire end of crane lifts. (The grey groove in the picture below is what was just created).

This is an example of how our Johnson products are used.

It's a bit weird to blog about, but like I said in previous posts, I really don't have anything else to do while I sit here in front of my computer all day, trying to look busy. So now you can consider yourself a little more educated while I fool my boss into thinking I am busy working.
1 comment:
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my place. ;) and ummm, I know this is random, but I really like to reply to the comments on my blog..... so, ummm, what's your email?
(I know, I know, I have issues.)
Post a Comment