And so the story goes...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dear Tooth Fairy


"Dear Tooth Fairy, I am sorry that I lost my tooth." A tragedy poor Ashley will have to bare. She FINALLY lost her first tooth last week during school. She was anticipating this moment for months, but when the day finally came, she was mistakenly disappointed. During recess, as her picture indicates, her mouth started bleeding so she got a kleenex, cleaned herself up, and threw it away in the brown trash can outside, as indicated on the far left side of her illustration. She later discovered that her tooth had came out, causing her mouth to bleed. She accidentally threw it away in her kleenex. Her first tooth. She felt so sad and disappointed. So to make it up to the tooth fairy, she made this drawing and placed IT under her pillow in its place, hoping to reconcile enough to still get some money. Of course the tooth fairy understood her plea and left her a dollar. This made her happy. Sunday I noticed that her other bottom tooth was gone and when I asked her about it, she looked at me in disbelief, touched her gums, and proclaimed, "AGAIN?! So THAT'S why my lip was bleeding! Oh no." She wasn't as upset this time, but tonight she brought me another letter.

"Dear Tooth Fairy, I am sorry I lost my other tooth again." She placed this under her pillow and went fast asleep. I guess the tooth fairy needs to be understanding of her plea.

1 comment:

*Merry Girls* said...

I can relate. I spent the last couple of months getting rid of our useless "stuff." However, as you expressed so well it seems to come back. I guess we will have to continue the fight!

Ashley must have been totally bummed to miss both of her lost teeth. It is amazing that she did not even notice. I love the art work though - definitely not "stuff".

Lots a love!

have shared a smile with me.