And so the story goes...
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
"Stuff"
I like money. It's a necessity and a luxury all in one little stinky green paper. I like to spend money, but much like my father, I am stingy. Yet I sit and ponder on all the things I have bought and thrown away. If I'm so stingy, then why do I buy "stuff"? This question has been lingering ever since I cleaned out my garage. I got rid of a lot of this "stuff", this wasted space that eats into my pockets. Now my garage is filling up with other things that I don't use. It makes no sense. I cringe at paying more than $3.99 for my kids shirts, but I'll spend $5.00 on something just because it is on clearance. Am I seduced into buying something that I really don't need or even want simply because it's a bargain? Do I really figure out a place for it in my home or does it collect dust? Eventually it just ends up in the garage with all the other "stuff" or gets pawned onto another helpless soul. I've moved so many times and gradually I have reduced my clutter, but somehow I always manage to gain some back. I don't get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
have shared a smile with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment