And so the story goes...

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rocky Mountain High


"If you were stranded on a mountain, who would be your companion, and what would you wish to eat?" Mike would definitely have to be my companion because I get along with him so well. He's fun and would probably make me laugh so hard with his famous "Hmm baby, hmm hmm" stuff that I would get stomach cramps. Then we would have some very enlightening conversations about a tree or the difference between a deer and an elk or something meaningless that only we would think to talk about. I'm sure we'd be dying for some good beef jerky or a cherry limeade. But probably a big juicy steak, considering we were in the mountains and thinking about how cool it would be to catch a fat elk. I wouldn't imagine that we would go hiking or anything. It'd be too much of an effort on our part. We'd just sit and talk while we waited for somebody to find us. We'd make up silly songs that had no meaning. We'd probably be singing so loudly that the village close by would send out a man hunt just to shut us up. But then once they found us, Mike would pretend to know their language and spat off some kind of gibberish that would just make them crack up laughing and instead of killing us, they'd make him their new leader. But we'd be too interested in learning how they made their food. We would most likely suggest that they change the ingredient in one of their sacred recipes and it would insult them. They would then ask us to leave and we'd be so bummed out that we would walk around the mountain, trying to find our own ingredients to make something good to eat. Eventually we'd get in a better mood and start talking again about the philosophy of life and why we are who we are and why the world is the way it is. At some point we would find a place to rest for the night, but we wouldn't be able to sleep because we'd remember that we were discussing the difference between the deer and the elk. And at that point, who knows how long we'd be stuck there. But at least it would be interesting.

6 comments:

Clarissa said...

That is hilarious! I remember hanging out with you two and that is exactly the way you guys act and talk! Ahhh...the memories!

mindyluwho said...

Why is "If You Gave a Mouse a Cookie" running through my mind now?

mindyluwho said...

Hilarious!

BTW, I haven't seen you around Big Mac's place lately...

Big Mac said...

That was so descriptive that I thought we were still on the mountain. I'm still curious about the language thing I bet if we just made them a pie or a pina colada with their ingredient that we so thoughtlessly robbed them of, they might let us back in their hunting ground so we could get that elk stake or deer stake (I mean steak, must be a LDS thing) that I'm salavating about right now even though I don't recall ever eating something other than cow stakes (steak oh there it is again) (someday I might be a better speller) Did you see that chicken? I bet if we caught it we could get some eggs out of it and then we could have steak and eggs. Now all we got to find is some toast or ooohh some potatoes. If we find a shovel we could dig some up at that farm over there and hmmm baby we could have steak and eggs and potatoes and pina colada and then we could get directions to where ever we were going hmmm baby hmm hmmm.

mindyluwho said...

Mmm hmmm, yep, ya'll need to go have a cookie...with a mouse...

Elizabeth said...

Directions? I don't want directions after a meal like that. We should just stick around for a while.

have shared a smile with me.