And so the story goes...

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Devastatingly Interesting

~I am about 90% deaf in my right ear. I feel uncomfortable when somebody is sitting or walking on my right side. I won't sit in the middle or left side of a classroom. I can only fall asleep if I'm laying on my left side so that my "good ear" is facing the pillow and drowns out the noise. This does become distracting though when I'm trying to have a conversation with my husband while trying to sleep.

~I am obsessive about changing my hair color. Not dramatic or weird, but I do like to change my highlights often or try multi-coloring highlights. Last month my hair was a light brown with lots of blonde, but now it is a dark chocolate. I need to put some highlights in it though to spruce it up.

~I cry when I get flustered or frustrated with somebody. It's my way of letting it out without screaming at them. It's not a quality I'm too fond of either. During my first month at work, the shipping manager came up to my desk to tell me that I printed something off wrong and proceeded to let me know the process I needed to follow instead. Once he left the room, I had tears falling down my cheeks and everybody thought he had hurt my feelings. I was just mad that he made such a big scene (it wasn't even my fault) and didn't want to argue with him anymore.

~I am very controlling and stubborn. I never realized this until recently while arguing with my husband about something. I like things a certain way and have my comfort zone. Please don't ask me to step too far out of it. I think I like to argue too. I expect things to be the way you tell me they will be, and when they are not, I let you know. (I'm not a very good restaurant customer sometimes). My poor children probably think their mother is crazy!

~I help others. I go out of my way sometimes to please somebody, even though it is usually inconvenient for me and I wish I hadn't offered in the first place. It's not a bad characteristic to have, but I really need to learn to control it more.

~I have a horrible memory. No joking. I can remember how to do math and things like that, but when it comes to bills, tasks, things of that nature, don't count on me. It drives my husband crazy. I don't remember much of my childhood, teenage years, or when my children were little. I have to write those things down. I am more organized now that I am working and have my computer's e-mail to give me reminders. I sure wish I had that on my personal computer!

~I am a huge procrastinator!!! Enough said, right?

~I love to listen to people and be their "counselor". No, I don't butt in and get pushy, but I do like it when I am asked for my advise. I have a lot of insight because I really don't judge people. I may not agree with you, but I don't judge you.

~I love to be by myself a lot. I enjoy the quiet time and the ability to just relax in my own presence. Ahh...I do like being around people too, so don't worry. I like going to parties and social gatherings, but I don't speak out much or mingle either. However, once I'm around my friends, you would think I wasn't shy at all. (I got an award in the fourth grade for being the shyest girl in our class).

~I love my job. Really, I do. I enjoy working and having time away from my home. Is that normal or wrong for me to feel? Either way, I do enjoy it a lot.

~I am constantly rearranging my furniture. I get bored very easily, so when I clean up, I tend to move things around. I don't like things the same all of the time. I love moving because it gives me a fresh palette and something to do for a while. I also love to paint my walls. Although it's a chore, I do like changing the color to give the room a fresh look. I recently did my bathroom a beige color and loved it so much that I used it in my hallway too. I had just painted the hallway earlier this year, but wasn't pleased with how light the color turned out. I like it now. Hmm, my dining room could use a different color.

~I hate gum too. I use to chew it when I was younger, but for some reason I just stopped and developed some kind of fetish against it. I feel nauseous when I see my children play with theirs or have to touch it. I once had to get it out of Ashley's hair and was so grossed out. The smell makes me sick. I just don't like it. It took a while to let my kids chew it around me, but I made a rule that they can't chew it in the car because of the smell in that tiny area. I know, I'm a weirdo.

Well, there are a lot of things now that you know about me that you may not have known before, right? Am I interesting yet???

Thanks Merry Weather.

Tag! You're it!
Super2thpick
Olla
Winter’s Chill
The Practicalist
BigMac
Mindylouwho
Claremore Kids

The rules are:
1. Link to my tagger and post these rules,
2. Facts about me: some random, some weird ... all devastatingly interesting.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of my post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

4 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Loved reading this! Even though I know a lot about you, I still learned something new--that you don't talk much. I remember when you were a little girl you would talk my ear off and I would have to bribe you to stop talking for just five minutes so that I could have a little peace!

Elizabeth said...

Me? I don't believe you. Mom used to get so mad at me because I spoke so softly. I still get grief from my husband and co-workers for not speaking loud enough. I think you're talking about Ashley instead. She talks so much that I stopped paying attention to what she says half the time. And when I have to ask her to stop talking, she gets her feelings hurt. It's hard to believe that I was the same.

*Merry Girls* said...

I enjoyed reading your devastatingly interesting facts. You really are a great listener. LOL - moving the furniture and painting. Thanks for playing along. I thought you forgot :-D

mindyluwho said...

You may have spoke softly, but you were a chatterbox! Ashley comes by it naturally!

have shared a smile with me.