And so the story goes...

Monday, October 01, 2007

Samokin' Smiles



"The award goes to...

Betsy –my sister whom I admire because she is a mom to three and is working full time to put her husband through school. She doesn’t get to blog very much because she is so busy, but I love it when she does as she makes me laugh and think about life a little more out of the box, which is out of my comfort zone! So here you go Betsy Bo Betsy…Love you!


(By the way, her name is Elizabeth, so you will want to refer to her as that, but she will always be Betsy to me.)
"

How wonderful I feel right now as I receive this wonderful award from my dear sister, Mindy. I think the last award I ever received was from my fourth grade teacher for "Shyest Girl" in class. That was also the year that I peed my pants in front of the entire class when I was doing a presentation of my family history book and then had to get a ride home from the mother of one of the cheerleaders since the school could not contact my mother. Hmm...how times have changed.

So here I am, ready to pass this on to one of my own dear siblings (I only have one freind on here). I thought about Big Mac, but who knows how long the award will be sitting in his corner. I think Mindy & I are still cleaning the place up a bit. So let me tell you about my good friend and brother Sam. What a conversationalist. I can't even understand what he writes about sometimes, but when I can...wow. He has some very powerful points to make and does so in a funny, lighthearted way that just cracks me up sometimes. He has always been a rock in my childhood. The kind of brother you look up to and in doing so, he really doesn't let you down too often. He'd leave little notes on my poetry, drive me to my friends (although I once had to count every single mile that we passed-I guess his way of proving a point???), and he'd even be so kind as to leave me handfuls of quarters in his desk. Oops...I'll pay that back someday. I may not be perfect...I mean he may not be perfect. Ok, he is not perfect. But in the end, he does the right thing and has fun doing it. I mean really, how many men can go through college at his age, with four children (all girls for that matter) and a short little wife, while solely supporting all of them and still remain happy and find time to cook a good roast...


err mice, err...maybe I should have gone with the ribs. Anyway, he takes fun family vacations, comes to visit me (well only when somebody else is here visiting, but none the less...he does stay with me). Oh yea, and he still maintains a 4.0 GPA. How do you do it Sam? For this and many other childhood thank you's, I pass along this award. You make me smile every time I think about you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kind of like him too:)

mindyluwho said...

I'm laughing at your blogger name PJ!

have shared a smile with me.