And so the story goes...

Friday, June 13, 2008

Randomness

We had a two day Camel Toe discussion at work.
One of the more innocent guys didn't have a clue about what it is, so after delicately trying to explain it, we finally told him to go home and ask his wife.
Together they figured it out.
We laughed until we cried.
Literally.

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

If you don't know what this is either, just Google image 'camel toe' and see if you get it then. I'd prefer not to attach the link to this one!

My big sister is coming to visit this summer! And she's bringing all her kids!!! And her husband too!!! I'm totally psyched. I can't wait for my husband to meet her husband. He's probably one of my favorite in-laws. I don't see him much because they live halfway across the country, but when I do, it's fun times. It's his humor. And the way he treats my sister. And the way he fathers his children. A true, fun example of a great husband/dad.

My other big sister has a great husband too. He works hard and is a great dad too. He also has good humor, but it's a little strange. He totally cracks me up sometimes. They live in town, so I get to see them a lot, and that makes me happy.

It's amazing how much adulthood brings sisters together. I think I'll suggest another 'sister portrait' while we are all here this summer.

My husband is a cool guy too. His humor is very different too and sometimes people just think he's strange. It makes me laugh when he tries to tell me a joke-interpreting it from Spanish to English. They usually aren't very funny to me. Supposedly they make more sense is Spanish. Anyway, he is also a great dad, or Super Papi, as my children call him.

I've been doing a little late spring cleaning. I'm trying harder to keep up on the laundry by hanging up clothes directly from the dryer instead of putting them in a basket, but this sometimes results in having to rewash the ones that are waiting to go into the occupied dryer.

All of our clothes get hung up. I got rid of the kids dressers after we moved into this house because I have nice walk in closets everywhere and it gives the kids rooms more space and alleviates the need to clutter. It also helps me keep track of when they need bigger or new seasonal clothing. I love it. I hung up all of my daughter's jeans the other day and realized that she has 14 pairs plus another 4 on hold that are still too big. Wow. She also has a nice excessive amount of tee shirts. I had to buy more for my sons because they had both outgrown most of theirs.

Just thought you might want to know.

Today we are having a luncheon here at work. My supervisor offered to buy the meat if we all brought sides. Then yesterday he mentioned that he was taking a vacation day to get his a/c fixed, but would bring the meat during lunch. It kind of made me feel guilty that he's doing this on his vacation day. I told him that we could reschedule it for next week, but of course he declined the offer. He's like that. It will be fun though. I like doing things like this because it gives us something fun to look forward to, since it's usually pretty boring around here.

Well, that's all I have to talk about for now.

Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Chell said...

Hi there...I found your blog through Laurens and loved reading it! Hopefully you can pop by mine sometime to...

Keep well!
Chell

have shared a smile with me.