
My daughter made it into the "B. A. Gifted Student Education Program" for intellectually gifted students at her school. She was originally tested at the end of the school year, but missed the cut-off score by ONE question. So her teacher requested that she be retested. I totally agreed with her. Her score ranked her at 96 out of every 100 students. That alone was pretty cool. Plus her report card revealed that she scored a 96% on her reading and a 99% in comprehension. Oh, how I love to brag. I received a call last week requesting her to come in for an appointment to do verbal testing. I jumped on the opportunity, thinking she would have to wait until school started again (it's been summer for us for two weeks now). After I waited patiently for her to finish, I was anxious for the results. They came out smiling, but said she did well and I would get the results in August. Huh?! I looked at the lady very politely and asked quietly, "Could you at least tell me if she passed or not?" She smiled, gave me a thumbs up and said what I'd been longing to hear. I was so excited-more than my daughter was! I knew she was smart. I just knew it!
Bragging Rights-Original Post
2 comments:
Of course she's smart...she has a smart mamma!
Smart and Beautiful...watch out!
Post a Comment