And so the story goes...

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mother Dear

I think the greatest thing I miss most about my mother is not being able to spend time with her. I'm at a point (and age) in my life now where I would really enjoy her company. Of course I always have enjoyed it, but what I mean is that it would be fun to call her up and take her out to lunch or something like that. I am also married to a man who had never met her. He has always told me that if she were still alive, he would welcome her to live in our home. I think they would have gotten along very well. I would like her to have seen me happy with somebody that cares for me this much. I would like her to have met my little boy too. I don't think he understands about "Grandma Cookie" the way his brother and sister do. He just likes the name! So what can I do as a tribute to my mother on her birthday? Well, just like any person would, I'll make a list of all the great things about her!

*My mother made friends with everybody
*My mother sacrificed for her children
*My mother loved our Heavenly Father
*My mother showed never-ending mercy to her children
*My mother was a great leader
*My mother knew the scriptures and read them many, many times
*My mother loved me and proved it every day
*My mother had nine children and took in three more
*My mother knew the meaning of unconditional love
*My mother was fun and a little nerdy sometimes
*My mother was realistic
*My mother became my best friend
*My mother forgave many, many times
*My mother spoiled her grandchildren
*My mother lived as a daughter of God
*My mother loved to fish
*My mother cooked one mouthwatering Thanksgiving dinner
*My mother baked the best lemon meringue pies
*My mother taught me how to be a mother
*My mother was very affectionate
*My mother left behind a great legacy
*My mother loved to sit and talk
*My mother was a good comforter
*My mother became my role model
*My mother is missed dearly and thought of often

Happy Birthday Mother

5 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Ditto...

Happy Birthday Momma!

Chell said...

I have goosebumps. What an amazing post.

Happy birthday to your mom..

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday Mom. That was beautiful.

The Practicalist said...

Bread. Don't forget the bread. Ahhhhh... the bread...

I miss her, too.

She was wonderfully imperfect.

And she never forgot a birthday.

Christian (Chrissy) Anderson said...

I loved your mom too. I worked with her for a year at Homemart. She was so kind so me. Always a smile and willing to help me out. How fortunate you were to have her as your mother.

have shared a smile with me.