And so the story goes...

Monday, December 15, 2008

Salvador Marco Díaz Becerra

So my life has been a little unusual lately. Last Sunday, Dec. 7th, my father-in-law passed away from a heart attack. This obviously caught us by surprise and I watched as my husband got the call from his brother. I knew right away what happened. It's a weird feeling to see somebody you love hurting so much, especially when you can relate. I lost my mother several years ago and know how difficult it is, especially at our age. My husband and I are still in our 20's and in no way should loose a parent yet. But life happens and you have to learn from it.

My husband is very family oriented and has always stayed in close contact with his parents. He immediately started looking at flights and by 4:00 am, was on his way to the airport to fly to Peru. Yes, for those who don't know, my husband is from South America. He was born and raised in Lima, Perú, but has lived here for over four years now. His father, Salvador, was able to travel here this last summer for the first time since Sandro & I have been married. He met his new grandchildren and had a wonderful time with them. He tutored my older son in math and helped my daughter with her new baby doll. He spoke with my youngest son and felt joy in being able to communicate with him. Our youngest is the only one who knows Spanish, as my husband has spoken to him in his native language since birth. Their abuelito does not speak any English, so to be able to communicate with one of our children is a gift to him.



I am grateful for this man. He raised a wonderful son who brings so much happiness to my family. He taught him to be strong, to have goals, to want success, to love endlessly, to live the moment, to desire more, to apprecciate family. Thank you.

3 comments:

mindyluwho said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please give Sandro my love.

Melisa said...

I'm so sorry! That is really hard. I hope you guys can be together again soon.

Hailey said...

hey im sorry about your father-in-law. and i thought your sister really got to dance with edward! i wish i could!

have shared a smile with me.