Maybe you'll get it, 'cause I sure don't.
character 1: "the X"
c1: "Since you're getting such a big part of my tax return each year, would you bring the kids here (Washington) for a vacation or buy a ticket for me to come out and see them? You're getting a lot of money at one time. I don't see why you can't use it for that."
c2: (yea, 'cause that's how i want to spend my vacation! and why would i pay your ticket???)
c1: "What if we split the cost. If you fly out here with them, I can help you get a hotel or a rental car. Or you can just borrow mine. That way you can go visit your old friends and have something to do. Besides, my wife doesn't want me to fly there. It's too far. It's not like I can just jump on a plane and be home in an hour if something were to happen."
c2: (yea, 'cause that would be splitting the cost, right? umm, people leave their family to fly everyday. i'm not really understanding the reasoning there.)
c1: "I know it's none of my business, but you two make enough money that you should be able to pay all of your bills. There is no reason for you to use this money to pay your student loans. It's not my fault you are in debt."
c2: (uh, the student loans were taken because you didn't pay child support for two years and you're right, my finances are none of your business)
c1: "We made only $12,000 (or something close to that) last year. We got married in December so we could get a larger EIC return. If we knew you would get most of it, we would have waited. We'll probably just file separately next year so you get a smaller amount."
c2: ($12,000 huh? and how old are you? i guess if you didn't marry her after having two kids together, it would have to be for tax purposes-'cause in the end, that's what brings family together, right?)
--in an earlier conversation, he told me that he had back problems and was on disibility. his work was giving him light duty to keep him employeed--
c1: "You may have a lapse in your child support. I couldn't go to work because we didn't have a babysitter for the girls, so I got fired. But (my wife) is working two jobs now and I'm going to stay home with them and make money doing internet surveys instead. This way I can keep sending you child support."
c2: (why am i not surprised? i'm also speachless at this point)
2 comments:
Uhhhh....
Uhhhh....
?????
That's all I got! ;)
I am with PJ! All I can do is shake my head.
Post a Comment