
Yes, I stood in line first thing this morning and did it! I got the kids up early, dropped them off at the daycare about 15 minutes earlier than normal, and proceeded to my polling place. When I got there at 7:10, the line was already out the door and wrapped around the parking lot. 10 minutes after it opened! I sent a text to my sister to tell her where I was and how long the line was and that I was leaving so I wouldn't be late for work. So silly me, I got out of line, hopped into my car, called my boss back to tell him I was NOT voting yet and was on my way. Ugh. Then my sister texts back that I have 2 hours, by Oklahoma law, to be able to vote. Hmm...U-turn...back in line. Only in the brief time it took to knock some sense into me, about 25 other people got in line. Oh well. So for another hour, I stood in line with half-frozen fingertips and waited. Once it got to my turn, my name was NOT on the registry log. But don't panic. You see, I had just voted in the primary elections, so I already knew what to do...as I had the same problem then, but with a much, much shorter wait. My name was still registered as my previous name and I was still voting at my old polling post. So yes, I did get to vote and it was fantastic! I love voting! It was a refreshing feeling when I left that place, proudly showing off my new sticker! So hey, if you're reading this and haven't cast your vote yet, get up and do it!!!
3 comments:
Yeah for voting! My experience was much less dramataic. ;)
Hey, I need your email again. Email me at my name (no spaces, dashes or anything) at gmail. Thanks!
In California we can register for a permanent absentee ballot, so I voted a couple of weeks ago...in my warm house. :)
Post a Comment