And so the story goes...
Thursday, February 07, 2008
What's so Great about Living in The Bible Belt of America?!
Occasionally I listen to talk radio on my way to/from work, especially when it comes to Presidential campaigning. This morning I got hacked off with the rest of Oklahoma as they discussed why our state voted McCain to receive our delegates. Granted, we are an "all or nothing" state and he only received about 31% of the votes, but regardless, it was enough for him to win the primaries. Shut up! Get away from our state! I hear things on the radio a lot, but Tuesday night was the first time I saw Huckabee speak and oh wow, what is wrong with this guy? He looks like the actor Kevin Spacey from American Beauty. He has no good form and has won the southern states through the "evangelical voters". So why is it okay for him to be religious on his views but not Romney? I don't vote for Romney because he is "Mormon". He holds the same standards as me and condones the political views that I have. The news coverage Tuesday even said that he was a perfect candidate, but because he has a perfect record, it's not enough to convince the majority. What?! Why not? Because of his religion? That's why he didn't come through in the "Bible Belt" of the country. I want to slap my fellow citizens. Here we have a candidate who has the conservative values that our area of the country has and wants in a candidate, yet because the LDS church is unfairly perceived as being "non-Christian" (wherever that idea came from), he will lose their votes. This morning on the radio, a listener wrote in about how we need to pray about whom we will vote for to see who is on "God's Throne". This is the most hypocritical area to live in. Get off your high horses, people, and think about what these candidates stand for, not how they practice their religion or what their race or gender is. Many poles have shown that people are voting for Clinton because she is a woman or Obama because he is black. And many will not vote for a Mormon. Well I will. And I'll do it because I believe in what he stands for. Having a "perfect" background and family life is wrong?! Since when?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
have shared a smile with me.
2 comments:
Take ALL religious aspects out and Romney was the best candidate! Huck is all about alterer motives, and I have NEVER liked that trait in a person. Sad day
I am so frustrated now that he has resigned his campaign. I have no idea who to vote for now and am still a bit shocked.
Post a Comment