
1. He's cute. Not sexy jaw-dropping cute. Just cute. Of course he's a little sexy too, but I'm the only one who can say that. He has an innocent look about him that was an instant attraction. The first time I saw him, I told my friend that he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen and I knew I wanted to meet him. Of course, watching him walk past me several times while 'casually' looking my direction helped me to work up the nerve to introduce myself.

2. He's foreign. There is always something mysterious about a foreigner. He speaks with an accent and has those beautiful eyes that melt my heart. As a teenager, I always joked about wanting a 'Latin Lover'. I didn't think I'd actually get one!

3. He loves my children. They love him. He treats them with love and I admire him for his patience and wisdom he has gained. He teaches them Spanish and math and encourages them to be smarter and study and to prepare for college. He's a wonderful father. Our youngest calls him 'Super Poppy'.

4. He plans for the future. His mind is always ten years ahead of mine. He wants a good life and encourages me to look to our future. He always has something lined up in case he looses his job or if he finds a job in Peru. He thinks of many ways to plan for our retirement, even though we are still young.

5. He loves his mother. As all women know, a man who loves his mama is a good man. He takes care of her and worries about her. Now that she is back in Peru, he calls her almost every day and sends her money every month so she doesn't have to worry about anything. He has a deep relationship with her that I miss. I wish he could have met my mother. I just know he would have loved her and treated her the same.
6. He's innocent. His look, his personality, his history. Not naive, just innocent. His experiences in life have always been made with good judgement and he doesn't have anything to regret or hide from his children. I love this about him.

7. He dresses nice. This may seem vain, but it puts a spark in my eye when I see him. He doesn't own sweats or old t-shirts. His wears black dress shoes with his jeans and nice button down shirts. He only wears sneakers when he goes to the gym. He takes pride in his attire and likes to leave a good impression on others.

8. He strives to learn. English is something he studies on a daily basis as well as by taking ESL classes at the local college. He is always reading about the economy and what is going on in the world and has an educated opinion on most matters. He studied English pilot books two years before starting school here and continues now. He studied in catholic seminary as a child and knows much about religion. He enjoys knowing things.

9. He has a sense of humor. To hear him laugh will make you laugh. Although I don't always get his jokes (apparently they sound better in Spanish), he makes them sound funny. He lightens the mood when any of us are upset by making the situation into a joke somehow. Although it is annoying at the time, it does seem to work.
10. He loves me. He loves me. He loves me. I used to wonder what made a person so in love with another. Then I met him. I've never felt so loved before, and I've never loved this much before. It makes all of the faults disappear and puts a blinder on me. I love that he loves me so much.
4 comments:
It's music to my heart that you have found someone who makes you so happy!
Ahh, I love that post!!
I'm so glad to have had you guys here and get to know him better! He made me laugh a lot:)
What a great post!! I love to see you so happy!!
This is so sweet! I love posts that make me smile dreamily and make me think of how much I love my husband.
What a special post.
By the way, I love the new pics!
Post a Comment